BreadboardBot is a mini-breadboard with a small microcontroller plugged into it and two servo-motors with a battery stuck to the back.
To put it differently, it is an educational robotics platform that is:
- Cheap: the cost of parts is under $20 on AliExpress as of 2023.
- Easy to build: it really is just two servo motors and a battery stuck to the back of a breadboard.
- Easy to program thanks to CircuitPython.
- Fun: even in its most basic form it is already a cute programmable line-follower robot with an ultrasonic distance sensor.
- Creatively extensible: you can plug a variety of sensors or actuators into it, enabling your robot to play music, show images on a screen, measure temperature, be remotely controlled from your smartphone, balance itself, and more. You can also upgrade the microcontroller to add Wifi, camera and microphone, learning some web-development and machine learning along the way!
To get started with the BreadboardBot you need to:
- Order the necessary parts.
- Assemble them.
- Check out the fun things you can do with your robot.
Leave your feedback or propose new ideas as issues or discussions in the project’s repository.
- Any original code in the project is MIT-licensed. The codebase includes CircuitPython libraries, which are also MIT-licensed.
- This documentation and instructions are CC-BY-NC-SA.